Re: Connection reset by peer

2012/5/8, Ian D. Leroux <idleroux%fastmail.fm@localhost>:

Thanks for your reply.

> On Tue, May 8, 2012, at 04:40, Edgar Rodolfo wrote:
>> when i am using pkg_add i can install some package, but when i stop
>> three minutes
>
> What do you mean by "stop three minutes" ?

For example: i remember that i installed gcc3, few minutes  i did not
use pkg (i was reading another thing) afterwards i wanted to install
again another software (gimp) then i saw the message..., afterwards (i
remember) ten or twelve minutes i tried to use pkg_add then it was
normally, is strange for me, i thing that it is not confortable to
wait ten minutes or more to use again pkg_add, i hope that you
understand me.

>> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org:21/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/i386/5.0/All/gimp*:
>> Connection reset by peer
>
> The server from which you were downloading the package dropped the

Why? i currently use FreeBSD, OpenBSD with pkg_add and i dont see the
problem, what is the reason to dropped the connection? is special
feature for NetBSD?

> connection.  If you really did interrupt the download for three
> minutes, it probably assumed you'd given up.  You can just rerun
> pkg_add to try again.

I tried it, i can use pkg_add after 10 or more minutes, i think that
is no confortable..., how can i do that the connection to be
continuous?

Thanks in advance, regards!