Re: Porting an OSS application

Hi Christos,

On 05/04/12 19:45, Christos Zoulas wrote:
On May 4,  5:04pm, riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost (Riccardo Mottola)
wrote:
-- Subject: Re: Porting an OSS application

| Hi,
|
| thanks Christos,
|
| On 05/04/12 13:47, Christos Zoulas wrote:
|>  I committed the change to head.
| Since I have problems rebuilding HEAD, may I just copy thee header from
| the src tree to the destination or did you other matching changes in the
| actual code?

You need to copy the .c file from that directory.
Well, I rebuild a a new+kernel and distribution, tracking 6.99 makes it a good idea anyway.

| I see you did not use ## in front of VA_ARGS to allow an empty list, is
| it on purpose?

I think that this is a gnu extension. I can change it if that is an issue.
It is a GNU extension, but, without, you still cannot pass an empty var-args list, since the extra "," does not get removed. I added that to the header and can now compile fine. By putting ## in, I am able to compile my rpogra now fine.
However, when I execute the program, I get:
/Local/Library/Bundles/Cynthiune/OSS.output/./OSS: Undefined PLT symbol "_oss_ioctl" (symnum = 15)

This did not happen before... did I have a problem with the distribution update? did some symbol change?

Riccardo