Crosscompile NetBSD-6 Beta on Ubuntu 10.04 (using build.sh)

Crosscompile NetBSD on Ubuntu 10.04

Here is what I did to crosscompile NetBSD-6 Beta on
Ubuntu 10.04.

Note that I did all of this in my home
directory and not as root or superuser.

Download source/sets from here : http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-
daily/netbsd-6
Just follow the links.

I downloaded and extracted the source sets
using the following command(s):

        $ for file in *.tgz
        > do
        >  tar -xpzf $file
        > done

This creates the following folders:
usr/src
usr/xsrc

Then:

        $ cd usr/src
        $ mkdir -p obj
        $ HOST_SH=/bin/bash
        $ export HOST_SH

Finally:

        ./build.sh -U -O ./obj -x -m amd64 release iso-image

You will find your iso image in usr/src/obj/releasedir/iso

Warning: The source sets that I downloaded required that I
manually set usr/xsrc/external/mit/xorg-server/dist/hw/xfree86/loader/sdksyms.sh
executable (this is a bug). In the nautilus file manager I simply right clicked
,went to properties > permissions
and clicked the "allow executing file as program" checkbox.
After much googling I found this that relates to this issue
        http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2012/03/26/msg019656.html
Thanks to Michael L. Riechers for the above solution.
Hopefully updated sets would not have this issue.

Best regards,

John