Re: Spontaneous reboots on 5.99.59/i386 on a Thinkpad X41

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 02:47:25PM +0100, Moritz Wilhelmy wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 10:36:51 +0100, J. Hannken-Illjes wrote:
> > Please be a bit more verbose, what fss experiments, what file systems?
>
> UFS2 on /, creating a snapshot while simultaneously using WAPBL.
> Creation itself went fine, but when I rebooted, the kernel started
> panicking. As mentioned, I got several crashdumps which I intended to
> debug.
> Then, suddenly and out of the blue, the system started rebooting when I
> start urxvt. It doens't happen with other programs I tried, e.g. xterm
> works. However, I decided not to use the machine for the moment.

This reminds me that I don't think I ever reported...

5.99.something (nearly a year ago), wapbl, ffs on single-CPU sparc64.

Got a panic doing rsync from the snapshot. No problems without ffs, so
I reverted to the orinal script. It's a production server, so no time
for experiments.

What I exactly did:

doone () {
        echo Working on $3...
        fssconfig -x fss0 $3 $3/.fssbackup || exit 1
        mount /dev/fss0 /mnt1 || exit 1
        fsck -p /dev/$1 || exit 1
        mount /dev/$2 /mnt2 || exit 2
        rsync -ax /mnt1/. /mnt2/.