Re: Trying to run Mendeleydesktop (linux binary) without success

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012, at 19:24, Arthur Maciel wrote:
> 3 (arthur@thunder) ~/downloads/mendeleydesktop-1.3.2-linux-i486 (0)%
> ./bin/mendeleydesktop
> Using bundled Qt version 4.6 because no system Qt version was found
> Running
> /home/arthur/downloads/mendeleydesktop-1.3.2-linux-i486/bin/..//lib/mendeleydesktop/libexec/mendeleydesktop.i486
>
> It presents me a grey screen with a progress circle and freezes. No error
> message, no nothing. I have to close it and nothing else is printed.
> Instead, the 'program' keeps running:
>
> 4 (arthur@thunder) ~ (1)% ps -A |grep mendeley
> 1720 ttyp0 I+   0:00.12 /usr/bin/python ./bin/mendeleydesktop (python2.6)
> 3453 ttyp0 Ol+  5:02.63
> /home/arthur/downloads/mendeleydesktop-1.3.2-linux-i486/bin/..//lib/mendeleydesktop/libexec/mendeleydesktop.i486
> (mendeleydesktop.)
>
> I have to finish it with  C-c at xterm.
>
> Does anyone have any idea on how to make it work?

I don't use the linux emulation layer, but since no one else is
answering ...

With no error output it's going to be hard to find out what the program
is waiting for.  Is it designed to connect to an online server at
startup?  Is that server accessible (can you ping it)?

-- IDL