Using makefs(8) for bootable cdrom

Hi,

I just tried to use makefs(8) for creating a bootable CD-ROM, but I don't
know how.
The manpage states several methods. For `generic-bootimage', apparently, the
description is incomplete, as it then always states:
  makefs: error: The Boot Image parameter requires a valid boot information
  string makefs: cd9660_makefs: converted directory is empty. Tree conversion
  failed
Whereas bootimage only describes how to use makefs for booting i386, mac68k,
macppc and powerpc.
How would I e.g. create a bootable SPARC cdrom?

Regards, Julian