Re: Web browser: stuck with Opera-9.62

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 12:13:26PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 02:55:04PM +0100, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost
> wrote:
> > Firefox depends on so many things,
>
> All browsers seem to that.
>
> > I seem unable to achieve a compilation.
>
> It should build for you. If it doesn't please submit a bug report.

So for user information:

- I have updated to NetBSD 5.1.2_PATCH. (custom kernel)
- I have updated to current pkgsrc. (cvs update -AdP)
- Opera-11.0.1 crashes.
- Firefox36 compiles (I mean all the dependencies and finally Firefox)
and runs (for others, it is more responsive than Opera-9.64, but since
it is not the same system and there has been obviously a lot of work put
in NetBSD 5.1, the comparison on the user apps is probably not
fair---for threads or whatever).

Thanks to the ones that made the job!

And since it is not an emulation anymore, logs will have "NetBSD" and
not "Linux"...

                      http://www.kergis.com/