Re: Wireless USB adapter support?

> Please check the apropos wireless for a detailed report over wireless suport.

> http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi/apropos?wireless++NetBSD-current

> Bes Regards.

> On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Thomas Mueller
> <mueller23%insightbb.com@localhost> wrote:
> > What is the status of support for USB wireless adapters in NetBSD?
> >
> > Adapter I have is Hiro H50191: chip is Realtek RTL 8191S.
> >
> > NetBSD Guide online says very little about wireless networking, and I
> > didn't find anything on USB wireless adapters.
> >
> > Tom

> Francisco Valladolid H.
>  -- http://blog.bsdguy.net - Jesus Christ follower.

I can't see clearly what drivers, if any, might work in NetBSD, checking the
above link, but I can narrow down the candidates to try.  Maybe rtw?

I could boot NetBSD with USB wireless adapter attached and view the dmesg, see
what is "not configured".

I could also boot Linux on the System Rescue CD (http://sysresccd.org/) and
read the resulting dmesg, even see if it sets up.

And then I might be able to fall back on ndiswrapper if no native drivers work.

It might be interesting to see how to setup with ndiswrapper.

Tom