Re: Are dk wedges the only way to access GPT partitions?

> Linux and FreeBSD have more elegant ways, that can not span a sequence over
> two or more disks as dkwedges can.

Sorry, I can not parse that. What do you mean with "span a sequence"?

Martin

By "span a sequence", I mean that sequence /dev/dk0, dk1, dk2, ..., can run
over two or more GPT-partitioned disks.

Regarding dkwedges, I prefer
/dev/ada0p1, ada0p2, ada0p3,...  or
/dev/da0p1, da0p2, ... (FreeBSD style) or

/dev/sda1, sda2, ... Linux style

I don't know how other OSes (Mac OS X, MS-Windows, any other?) name GPT
partitions.

Tom