Re: CentOS DomU under NetBSD51 Dom0 XEN 41

2012/1/18 Bruno Gruel <b.gruel%sdnet.info@localhost>:

>>> re,
>>>
>>> Here is a sample config file. I try a lot of combinaison (with or witout
>>> kickstar file ..)
>>>
>>> import os, re
>>> arch = os.uname()[4]
>>> kernel = "/etc/xen/vmlinuz"
>>> ramdisk = "/etc/xen/initrd.img"
>>> builder='linux'
>>> memory = 512
>>> shadow_memory = 8
>>> name = "NUXEO57"
>>> vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=bridge0, model=ne2k_pci' ]
>>> disk = [ 'file:/VM/linux.img,xvda,w',
>>> 'file:/VM/centos57.iso,xvdc:cdrom,r' ]
>>> device_model = '/usr/pkg/libexec/qemu-dm'
>>> vfb = ["type=vnc, keymap=fr"]
>>> boot="dc"
>>> vnc=1
>>> vncconsole=1
>>

>> Whow, this is quite strange, what I usually use (haven't tried it on
>> NetBSD with CentOS because I use Debian most of the time, but I think
>> it should work).
>>
>> Download files from
>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6.2/os/x86_64/images/pxeboot/
>>
>> Sample config file:
>>
>> kernel = "/path/to/vmlinuz"
>> ramdisk = "/path/to/initrd.img"
>>
>> name = "my_centos_domu"
>> memory = 512
>> vcpus = 1
>>
>> vif = ['bridge=my_bridge']
>> disk = ['file:/path/to/my/img,xvda,w']
>>
>> After that:
>>
>> xm create -c /path/to/config
>>
>> Once the system is installed, remove kernel and ramdisk options and add:
>>
>> bootloader = "pygrub"
>>
>> That should do it (I think). Your config file looked like a mess
>> between a HVM and a PV domain.
>>
>> Regards, Roger.
>
> Re,
>
> It's better but not completly full (i would be more patient after a few
> seconds the boot process begin).
> The install process begin
> The retreive of the install.img file it's OK.
>
> But i always have  error on the storage file (linux.img created with DD),

How did you create it? If you created a spare file (with seek), it
will not work, what I use to create virtual disk images/partitions:

dd if=/dev/zero of=virtualdisk.img bs=1024 count=2000

(this will create a 2GB file)

> during the install process i have somme message tha tell me to initialise
> the DD because there is somme error.
>
> And after the initialisation i have this message :
>
> Input/Output error during read on /dev/xvda ?

When you get this error, can you switch to the Dom0 and paste the
output of running "xenstore-ls -fp"?

Regards, Roger.