Re: How to enable java plugin in firefox 8

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 09:49:34PM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> Perhaps the icedtea plugin did not get installed and the 1.6 did not get
> removed.

Plugin is getting installed since it shows in about:plugins. In fact it
works and shows "your java plugin is working" message on the test link
mentioned before, before firefox freezes.

Regarding removal of 1.6. After pkg_delete I still found sun-6 directory
and some classes lurking around there. Don't know why. Removed them
manually. Made a clean rebuild of icedtea. No difference to messaegs.

From the trace I posted before, where it mentions 1.6.0_29, I feel the
plugin might be dependent on sun-6 though it maintains the dependency to
be on openjdk 7.

Have also tried keeping jre6 also installed side by side.

Also tried creating soft links for file in bin directory of either java
versions with /usr/pkg/bin.

Nothing, nothing changes any description of the issue, error messages etc.

Mayuresh.