Re: Need printer recommendation

Hi,

A printer I can recommend is the Brother HL-2270DW.  It's a duplex mono
printer that supports wireless and network connections.  They support LPD/LPR
Postscript and PCL. I installed it using foomatic pcl drivers and works
great.

It was only $150 Australian dollars.

I can recommend any of the brother printers.

Be careful though the sell two kinds of printers very cheap windows only
printers (GDI) for which you need brother software and PCL / Postscript
printers.  The PCL printers are more expensive, but will work with existing
drivers as brother software is only available for linux.

Brother have colour laser PCL printers as well.  Go to brothers' website and
check the specifications of the printer and check for PCL emulation.  Also
LPR/LPD is nice so its easy to network.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Nat.