Re: HP Deskjet F380 All-in-One on NetBSD

Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 07:15:41AM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
>> Do you have ulpt enabled in the kernel config?
>>
>> There was a message that ulpt should not be enabled in the kernel or
>> as a module with hplip.
>> This was for both NetBSD pkgsrc and FreeBSD ports.
>
> I didn't notice a message. However, on hunch I tried disabling ulpt. This
> time around device was identified as ugen0. Wasn't sure whether that
> should be disabled as well since it stands for a generic usb device.

USB devices get attached to a driver that handles the class
preferentially.  ulpt is one of these, for printers.  ugen is basically
a generic driver that just supports user-space commands.  Typically one
uses libusb for this.  Some of the newer printers seem to have only
support in hplip via libusb/ugen(4) and not ulpt(4).

To debug this, you are likely going to have to turn on debug logging in
various places and pore over the logs to see what is going on.
And also I suggest learning how to use ktrace.