Re: Missing dependency in emulators/vice?

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011, Ian D. Leroux wrote:

On Wednesday, November 09, 2011 10:49 AM, "Anders Lindgren"
<ali%df.lth.se@localhost> wrote:
Just built emulators/vice from the latest pkgsrc 2011Q3 on
5.1_STABLE/amd64, and get the following link errors:

/usr/pkgsrc/emulators/vice/work/.buildlink/lib/libcairo.so: undefined
reference to `pixman_image_set_destroy_function'
/usr/pkgsrc/emulators/vice/work/.buildlink/lib/libcairo.so: undefined
reference to `pixman_image_composite32'
/usr/pkgsrc/emulators/vice/work/.buildlink/lib/libcairo.so: undefined
reference to `pixman_image_fill_boxes'

[snip]

This looks a lot like the pixman upgrade glitch from last fall (early
September, look for a thread titled "travails of the pixman upgrade").
Those symbols were added to a more recent version of pixman than the one
that ships in the base system of NetBSD-5, and if the build tries to
link against the base system libpixman instead of the pkgsrc libpixman
you get exactly those kinds of errors.  I *thought* that this issue had
been rooted out a year ago though ...

Questions:
- Are you using xsrc or modular X?

Xsrc from a fresh NetBSD-5.1_STABLE upgrade. Although I am not positively sure I didn't fetch the x11 sets from the latest netbsd-5-1 build on nyftp rather than the latest netbsd-5 build (in case they would differ - I built netbsd-5 from source but didn't build xsrc myself).

- Have all your packages been built from 2011Q3, or might you have some
 older packages lying around?

Nope, fresh start with 2011Q3, with pixman-0.22.2nb1 from pkgsrc installed. Not sure if I remembered to remove /var/db/pkg.refcount first, but /usr/pkg and /var/db/pkg was gone.

- Does moving /usr/X11R7/lib/libpixman-* into a temporary directory
 (hiding them from the build) allow emulators/vice to build properly?
 This isn't a fix, but it will help narrow down the problem.

Spot on! This worked around the problem. Temporarily hiding them and rebuilding vice from a clean dir finished successfully, picking up libpixman from pkgsrc instead.

Best regards,
/ali:)