Re: xenbackendd error

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 10:23:37 +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 08:04:38PM +0200, Bruno Gruel wrote:
Re,

Sorry for the delay i can't reply before.
I must confess not really understand the last stage, and i can't
follow you but really want to understand the debug process.

My first error comes from xenbackendd, binary being part of
xentools. Therefore a uninstall/patche/ré-install correct the first
error message.

This message was harmless, but whatever ...

Then to go more far (with errors gather via the com), it seems (
it's  what i understand) that the problem comes from the kernel. I
think that we talk about the XENKERNEL (the xen.gz file) i'm wrong ?

no, it's the netbsd dom0 kernel, build from the XEN3_DOM0 config
file (the netbsd-XEN3_DOM0.gz file you probably downloaded from the
NetBSD ftp server).

So i apply the diff to /usr/src/sys/arch/xen/xen/xbdback_xenbus.c
but after ..?

I think that i must delete the /xen.gz and
/usr/pkg/xen41-kernel/xen.gz file and after cd
/usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/xenkernel41 next make && make install next cp
/usr/pkg/xen41-kernel/xen.gz /xen.gz

I'm right ?

No,
you do:

cd /usr/src
./build.sh tools kernel=XEN3_DOM0

this will gives you a netbsd file (the absolute path will be printed
by build.sh at the end) that you have to install in place of
the netbsd-XEN3_DOM0.gz file you downloaded.

Re,

Thank's for you reply.

I apply the diff a run ./build.sh tools kernel=XEN3_DOM0, copy/paste the new kernel in the right place and reboot.

First create/shutdown OK
Second create/shutdown OK
.
.
.
Until the ninth.....
# xm create /etc/xen/bsd49.cfg
Using config file "/etc/xen/bsd49.cfg".
Oct 29 19:59:49 /netbsd: xbd backend: attach device vnd0d (size 4194304) for domain 9 Oct 29 19:59:49 /netbsd: xbdback backend/vbd/9/51712: can't VOP_OPEN device 0xe03: 16
Started domain openbsd49 (id=9)

and the shutdown reboot the server (i can't believe it). Why at the ninth time ?? May be i don't wait enough time between a create and a reboot.

have you already get a full sucess whit a NetBSD51 + XEN41 (64bits)??

Thank's.

Bruno
--
Sallanches Data Network (SDN)