Re: [SOLVED]Re: Only 8 MB/sec write throughput with NetBSD 5.1 AMD64

On Sun, Oct 09, 2011 at 08:38:50PM +0530, Ravishankar S wrote:
> Thanks to all who replied. dd now shows 67 MB/sec!!. However, i have
> another question. I can now ftp @ 25 MB/sec and it never increases
> beyond this point. I have a dlink gigabit router and gigabit cards on
> both ends. client is an  ubuntu laptop

What does ifconfig -a shows ? You can also test network speed with
a tool like ttcp, is't more usefull to explore network performances
than ftp (which mixes performances of different subsystems).

Note that not all gigabit network adapters or switches can support a
sustainted link-rate traffic, but 25MB/s looks low anyway

> Any other areas to explore to increase throughput? I see MTU set at
> both ends at 1500 - any benefits to increasing it to 3000 - this will
> enable jumbo frames automatically??

It should.