Re: ping 64.233.207.8?

On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 08:47:04AM -0500, Neal Hogan wrote:
> I guess I should have asked is there anything else that I can do
> besides yelling at my "reasonably" price ISP ;-)

The ping test just is a sanity check, mostly for historical values. If we
get network configuration via dhcp we should actually skip the test.

If the ping test fails, and sysinst does not allow you to insist and use
the values anyway, I would call that a bug (and in this case please file
a PR).

After this fails, can you go to the utilities menu, start a /bin/sh
and try to ping the ftp server manually? If this works, you could manually
work around the failure.

Martin