"Real programs dump core"

All,

is there a master switch to remove any and all restrictions for binaries to
dump core?

For the second time in a short while, I have run into pkgsrc binaries that
crash reproducibly, but won't dump core no matter what (security/sudo, now
sysutils/amanda planner). I found kern.coredump.setid.dump, but it didn't
make a difference for sudo.

Any hints, anyone?

        hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281