Re: NetBSD HEAD 5-1

On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 17:22:02 +0200
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 09:11:33AM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > Gerard Lally <gerard%netmail.ie@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > > Am I correct in thinking HEAD for 5-1 is the 5-1 RELEASE (of
> > > November 2010) plus fixes (up to September 2011) *without* the new
> > > features that will come with the 6.0 release (LVM, NPF, etc.)?
> >
> > > Sorry - I phrased this the wrong way.
> >
> > > What I should have said is, am I correct in thinking the latest
> > > 5-1 at NetBSD-daily is the 5-1 formal RELEASE (of November 2010)
> > > plus fixes (up to September 2011) *without* the new features that
> > > will come with the 6.0 release (LVM, NPF, etc.)?
> >
> > > If so, is this a better ISO to use than the formal release ISO of
> > > 11-2010? Does it include just security patches or does it include
> > > new drivers as well?
> >
> > >From what I've been told, and my interest in this is access to
> > >Linux ext2fs partitions, that you need to follow the netbsd-5
> > >branch, not 5-1.
> >
> > That would be the most advanced, what would lead to NetBSD 5.2 if
> > that ever happens.  HEAD is the work in progress toward NetBSD 6.0.
> >
> > netbsd-5 branch is called "NetBSD 5.1_STABLE".
>
> That is the netbsd-5 branch. I think Gerard asked about the netbsd-5-1
> branch.
> Yes, netbsd-5-1 is the 5-1 formal RELEASE plus critical fixes.
> netbsd-5 is the 5-1 formal RELEASE plus critical fixes plus not so
> critical fixes, plus some features (like newer hardware support).

Now I'm confused again!

:)

If I go to netbsd-5-1 at NetBSD-daily and then for example to the
amd64 ISO for 201109030130Z am I downloading 1) the 5-1 formal RELEASE
plus critical fixes, or 2) the 5-1 formal RELEASE plus critical fixes
plus not so critical fixes, plus some features like newer hardware
support?

(Until I am comfortable with -current I am more interested in using
the latter option.)