Re: Current status of the user wiki

On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 07:43:36 +0300, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 05:15:49PM +0200, Julian Fagir wrote:
Until now, there has been few progress. Is there still any progress, or are
there problems that need to be solved but nobody found time so far?

Is there any place one can help?

So what in your opinion needs to be done?

To me it seems that the technical setup is mostly done: the Wiki is
functional. Now it just needs content and contributors.

To me main issue is a lack of a clean "table of contents".

Creating pages with ikiwiki isn't really that much "user friendly" when compared to other forms of Wiki (/!\: I am just raising an opinion here, not trying to debate technical merits of alternatives). Perhaps wiki should be populated first, and let users/contributors fill the parts.

For the rest it does not seem to be that well indexed by <insert_your_favorite_search_engine>, like our man pages (which should really be thrown to the front, it's a real goldmine). Issue looks more general, perhaps the www.n.o isn't web crawler friendly.

Words words, I know :(

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost