Re: rsync over ssh/nfs (was: server crashing)

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 09:01:57PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> This was between two boxes, each with 1.3Ghz Athlon II Neo N36L Dual-Core
> CPUs, so not particularly powerful.
>
> They were both into the same cheap gigabit switch.

Yes, in such a situation RSync over NFS will indeed work better.
But the setup described earlier was used for backups over a long distance
if I remember correctly.

NFS is also a protocol I wouldn't want to use over the Internet for
security reasons. But I use it my LAN at home.

        Kind regards