Re: Ports & Packages infrastructure & feature import. (fwd)

> > When BSDs don't co-operate, Linux wins.
> > When BSD & Linux don't co-operate, Microsoft wins.
>
> Nobody ever told me it was a competition.

Microsoft competes for admins time. MS PCs gets virused, harvested, add to
spam databases & zombies, & flood innocent servers. I work unpaid on BSD
public servers to repel such mess.  Celebrate MS to Linux or BSD migrations.

> How are we ever going to catch up  ...

Shared maintenance of common bits of code where possible.

> I run NetBSD at home and work at a
> company that develops ontop of FreeBSD.

Lucky you, 2 x BSD :-)
Nice if more BSD job ads.  Most seem to be MS, most of the rest, Linux.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below, not above;  Indent with "> ";  Cumulative like a play script.