Re: NetBSD vs FreeBSD

,--- You/Julian (Wed, 03 Aug 2011 14:36:53 +0200) ----*

| Aside:
|       This caught my eye 'cos I wondered if google was necessary
|       for this, so I tried the FreeBSD send-pr web direct not via
|       google (using my own name first as test case)
|
|       http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi
| Tick: "Closed reports too:"
| Paste into Originator:        sau%inbox.ru@localhost
|       Nothing
|
| Paste into Originator:        Aleksej Saushev
| 2 entries

"No matches to your query" for me (with either "Aleksej Saushev" or "Saushev")

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?category=&severity=&priority=&class=&state=&sort=none&text=&responsible=&multitext=&originator=Aleksej+Saushev&closedtoo=on&release=

And what these are:

    --------------------
    Closed-Date:   Mon Dec 24 22:56:11 UTC 2007
    Last-Modified: Mon Dec 24 22:56:11 UTC 2007
    Originator:    Aleksej Saushev
    Release:       FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE i386

    During installkernel phase of RELENG_7 into DESTDIR, too many
    warnings are reported:

    On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 01:20:36PM +0300, Yuri Pankov wrote:
    > These messages are harmful and were discussed on mailing lists. Please
    Sorry, I meant harmless, of course :-(

    --------------------
    Last-Modified:      Sun Apr 16 16:33:54 GMT 2006
    Originator: Aleksej Saushev
    Release:    FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE i386
    Category:   docs
    Severity:   non-critical

Doesn't make a case for either poor performance in FreBSD 7+ or poor developers'
responsiveness.

| Maybe he may might have also filed more under a different email
| name or with or without a middle initial (both variants make a
| difference on searching with my name) Russian names also might be
| changed to slightly different Latin font set representation by owner
| after some years ?

Maybe.  (Having a Russian name myself, cannot imagine that.)

-- Alex -- alex-goncharov%comcast.net@localhost --