Forcing kernel & root with bootloader

First of all, thanks for taking time to read my messgae.

I'm a bit new to the NetBSD bootloader.  I have a situation where I'm
running the -current branch on 2x500GB disks that are setup in a RAID1
configuration using RAIDframe as raid0.  It's marked as autoconfig and
the "root partition":

   RAID Level: 1
   Autoconfig: Yes
   Root partition: Yes
   Last configured as: raid0

Essentially, the datacenter the server is hosted at only offers a
Linux rescue mode/bailout that can't read FFS partitions.  I'm wanting
to keep a third 250GB disk as a rescue partition (and use the rest of
the disk for scratch space for other things..)

I'd like to setup the third disk with the bootloader code and a very
nice /boot.cfg so, in the event of bad things happening to the OS
living on the RAID disks, I can ask the datacenter to boot from the
3rd 250GB disk and get a working system back up to recover from the
failure.

Even when I tell the netbsd bootloader to, "boot hd2a:netbsd" it does
indeed boot using the kernel located, but the kernel still insists on
using the RAID disks since they are marked "root partition" (I
assume).  I can get around this by using the -a "ask" flag but I'm
hoping there is a way I can force it to boot wholly from hd2/wd2 in a
non-interactive way.

Is this possible?

Thanks