Re: Slow FFSv1 file system performance

Hi Christopher!

> I thought that surely FFS would be faster than the Windows NTFS

Today Windows isn´t as bad as many think. It has even many many
features which are totally missing on any Unix platform.

>Any ideas on why the lack of performance?

FFS is indeed very slow in terms of file/folder creation/deletion.
NetBSD current has already FFS2 enabled which is a lot faster. I hope
ZFS will somewhen be ready for NetBSD as that´s of course a lot
faster, too.

Regards,

Stephan