Re: 5.1 installation on Alix 2D13

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Ron McDowell <rcm%fuzzwad.org@localhost> wrote:
> Thanks, Andy.  Believe it or not, that was it.  I was following the cookbook
> without thinking of the process.  Using sd0 as the device instead of the
> .img file not only *just worked*, but also I was finished in 15 minutes
> instead of 4 hours of dd-ing 2gb worth of nulls to an empty CF.   Alixbox
> now lives!  :)

And I had no idea that would work... :) I just never did it that way,
I always just treat these things as real disks. It might be
interesting to know if you can make an image of the disk and re-write
it later to see if it works. If not, that might be a bug.

Those Alix machines look nice, fits right into a question I asked a
little while ago:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2011/05/24/msg008286.html

I still need to buy an i386 based low power machine to replace my
current i386 machine...

Andy