Re: bridge with tap - trying to set up openvpn server

> On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 06:34:15AM -0400, yancm%sdf.lonestar.org@localhost
> wrote:
>> Anything else to try?
>
> Hum, just a though. Do you have some vlans configured on wm1 ?
> Did you setup checksum offlload ?

vlans - no (though was wondering if it would save me some steps to
the server room if I set up a vlan on a different subnet so I can
reset the server when I'm playing with bridge0 debugging...)

checksum offload IS configured:
wm1: flags=8b43<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,ALLMULTI,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST>
mtu 1500
     capabilities=2bf80<TSO4,IP4CSUM_Rx,IP4CSUM_Tx,TCP4CSUM_Rx,
       TCP4CSUM_Tx,UDP4CSUM_Rx,UDP4CSUM_Tx,TCP6CSUM_Tx,UDP6CSUM_Tx>

     enabled=3f80<TSO4,IP4CSUM_Rx,IP4CSUM_Tx,TCP4CSUM_Rx,
       TCP4CSUM_Tx,UDP4CSUM_Rx,UDP4CSUM_Tx>

Bridging seems to work when I disable it! Why would that be?

Should I submit a PR on this? I think my system work better
when offload is enabled.

I'll probably hit more questions, but for now, I can push on.

Thanks (again) for the assistance! Merci beaucoup!
--gene