Re: bridge with tap - trying to set up openvpn server

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 08:00:17AM -0400, yancm%sdf.lonestar.org@localhost
wrote:
> > On some interfaces (and wm has been one of them until recently, it's
> > possible you're in this case), switching to promisc cause the
> > link to be down/up, which cause a spanning tree renegotiation on
> > the other end if STP is enabled. While the spanning tree renegotiation
> > is taking place no traffic is switched on this link, and the
> > negotiation can take some time (it's usually 30s in my case).
>
> Based on the forgoing, I attempted to disable stp on bridge0/wm1 via:
> brconfig bridge0 -stp wm1

Ordinarily you need to make a change on the switch you've plugged into.
On a 3Com switch, I had to enable "Port Fast."  (Doesn't sound to me
like the switch is the problem, however.)

Dave

dyoung%ojctech.com@localhost      Urbana, IL * (217) 344-0444 x24