Re: vmstat: kvm_nlist: namelist bad namelist

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 06:04:47PM +0100, Jan Danielsson wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    What does <subj> mean?
>
>    First it complained there was no /netbsd, so I put the (correct)
> kernel in place, but now vmstat says <subj> instead.

vmstat needs to look at various "well known" kernel symbols, the list
can be found in src/usr.bin/vmstat/vmstat.c, search for "namelist".

If some of these symbols are not found in your kernel (or /dev/ksyms),
you will get this error message. You can check the symbols with nm,
i.e. like this:

        nm /dev/ksyms | fgrep _boottime

Martin