Re: i386 home firewall/router/nat bottleneck diagnostics?

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:14:10PM -0000, yancm%sdf.lonestar.org@localhost
wrote:
> >> Based on very limited testing, seems to get best speeds, I need 1G path
> >> even though throughput speeds are considerably less than NIC ratings?
> >
> > The input and output errors look suspicious. Can you please post
> > "dmesg" of the machine?
>
> Here's the dmesg. I had not noticed the  wm1: device timeout messages
> earlier... Obviously a lot of stuff here that's not network related.

Looks like it might be an interrupt routing problem. Have you tried to
update to the latest BIOS and to switch *off* "Plug and Play OS?
in the BIOS settings?

        Kind regards