Re: Why so much zombies?

On Mar 16, 2011, at 10:15 AM, Volker Wolfram wrote:
> why I have so much zombies and postdrop and sendmail processes. My crontab for
> user root is empty and others have no mail function in their cron job.

That doesn't matter-- if the cronjob creates output, then it will be mailed out
to the user.

Typically you see this sort of thing when an error is happening repeatedly.
Redirecting to /dev/null will avoid spawning mail delivery, but won't fix the
cause of the error (assuming there is something going on).

Regards,
--
-Chuck