Re: "inaccurate wcc data" revisit

On Mar 13, 2011, at 11:40 AM, Ron McDowell wrote:
> which I understand should be "ignoreable" but in my case they're not: make
> install will not install my new code because it thinks the final object is
> newer than the one I just built.
>
> I know this was a problem in 2006/07 timeframe from Google searches, but
> don't see a definitive fix for this.
>
> What can I do?

Please see:

 http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vmware_timekeeping.pdf

...and look into .vmx config option called "tools.syncTime = true", or possibly
"vmware-guestd --cmd 'vmx.set_option synctime 1 1'" in the guest VM.  VMWare
sometimes seems to encourage people to run ntpd in guest VMs, but I think that
is badly flawed advice.

[ This is excerpted from a much longer discussion going on on
comp.protocols.time.ntp aka <questions%lists.ntp.org@localhost>... ]

Regards,
--
-Chuck