Re: sysctl tutorial

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> Do we have somewhere a decent summary/tutorial of how to write a new
> sysctl?  Or do I have to poke around in the source tree and find a
> sysctl I like to emulate?  (If so, what would be a good simple one to
> start out with?)

http://www.netbsd.org/docs/kernel/programming.html#adding_a_sysctl

that is not really written yet, but links to

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2001/06/24/0000.html

As for me, I just followed some existing examples when I made a sysctl
(still not in tree yet, but is for random UDP source ports).