Re: UDF failure on 1TB removable media, USB panic, and more

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, George Abdelmalik wrote:

> > I unplugged the USB device (when not mounted) and my system rebooted.
> > But no crash dump.
>
> I was also getting panics on a WD external HD until I stopped the ses
> device from attaching.  I was doing this from an autoconf boot until
> I got around to building a custom kernel with the ses device commented
> out.  No more crashes on unplug, sorry can't comment on your UDF issue.

Is there a problem report for this?

I was able to stop the panic also by "disable ses". Thanks for the hint.

If no PR #, I can open one.

umass0: at uhub4 port 5 (addr 2) disconnected
panic: config_detach: forced detach of umass failed (45)
fatal breakpoint trap in supervisor mode
trap type 1 code 0 eip c053d13c cs 8 eflags 246 cr2 bb903808 ilevel 0
stopped in pid 0.36 (system) at netbsd:breakpoint+0x4:   pop1  %ebp

bt showed:
usb_disconnect_port
usb_explore
usb_discover
usb_event_thread
(I took a photo, but didn't type in yet.)