Help from Ubuntu

Dear NetBSD users,

As Linux has always been the preferred platform for the usually closed-source,
more "funky" stuff, I felt a bit uneasy with losing that luxury in BSD. But I
just tried something that may well change things: it turns out that a program
named "remastersys" exists for Ubuntu, and it will transfer all the existing
installation onto a bootable DVD. - This means, including Skype, Flashplayer
etc. So you can make an installation and keep it afterwards on DVD.

The consequence of this is that I now resort to that DVD when I want to use one
of these programs, especially Skype; whilst at the same time keep a clean
installation of NetBSD and not worry too much about whether it is supporting
the "funky" stuff or not.

(As to Ubuntu itself, it works like a charm... that is, until an update of
Epiphany destroyed my entire system recently, deinstalling Gnome-desktop and
breaking all package sources just to make sure that I cannot reinstall it... a
problem known for months... and it is the third time in eight months that for
some reason, something like this happens - so I commence to feel a trifle
oversaturated with this kind of entertainment.)

I thought this might be useful to somebody, especially if you want to avoid
dual-boot.

Kind regards,

Nino