Re: no_sa_support Operation not permitted

On 4 Feb 2011, at 13:26, Volker Wolfram wrote:
> after building a new kernel to get an USB scanner work, this messages comes
> up at
> setting the sysctl variables at startup of my laptop.
>
> no_sa_support failed Operation not permitted.
>
> What goes wrong?

Nothing. The default "/etc/sysctl.conf" tries to switch of SA (Scheduler
Activations == thread support in NetBSD 4.0 and older) which apparently fails
because your kernel doesn't support SA in the first place.

This is not a problem unless you want to use an old copy of "libpthread".
I've got the same "issue" on my NetBSD/amd64 5.1 where I disabled SA a
long time ago because it causes security problems.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/