Re: OpenSSH could be faster...then why don't they path it??

Am Sonntag 06 Februar 2011, 13:20:34 schrieben Sie:
>  My question is: So Why Does the original OpenSSH has "limited statically
> defined internal flow control buffers"?? It could be way faster, even
> 10x!!
This sounds very interesting...

I'm not deeply into OpenSSH but the only real reason for such a explicite
restriction could be any security reason - i.e. it may be more difficult to
"prove" code security with a dynamic buffer system or there are thinkable
additional security vectors to recognize, but this is just an assumption from
me. Another option may be incompatibility with any build option and/or target
arch.

But if this is not the case it wpuld be nice to have such a patch into the
openssh upstream.

>  With the HPN-SCP path it could be the descendant of FTP!
Yes, this sounds really interesting as there is a need for bandwidth effective
/ fast transport alternatives to FTP in the world.

> Why aren't there
> any ""OpenSCP packages""? ('normal SCP+HPN-SCP path+no local user needed
> for SCP'ing+chroot by default')
from my view i would recommend to realize that as configure / build options to
the openssh tarball from which i.e. distributors can realize different
packages.

Anyhow - good luck so far!

cheers,

Niels.

--

---

  Niels Dettenbach
  ---
  Syndicat IT&Internet
  http://www.syndicat.com
  T.-Muentzer.-Str. 2, 37308 Heilbad Heiligenstadt - DE
  ---
  Kryptoinfo:
  PGP public key ID 651CA20D
  Fingerprint: 55E0 4DCD B04C 4A49 1586  88AE 54DC 4465 651C A20D
  https://syndicat.com/pub_key.asc
  ---