Re: Build breakage on netbsd-5, now Results of new NetBSD-5.1_STABLE

> I've used pkgsrc/wm/selectwm very happily in the past.

>         selectwm is a small application (using GTK+) which lets you select
> your
>         window manager.  It looks for a file named .selectwmrc in the user's
>         directory which contains a list of window managers.

>         When you start X it should show a list which lets you choose your
>         window manager (by double clicking on it with the mouse or with the
>         arrow keys and the return or space key)

>         To use selectwm, replace the call to your window manager in your
>         .xinitrc or .xsession configuration file by a call to selectwm, e.g.:

>                 # set a solid black background
>                 xsetroot -solid black

>                 # start selectwm
>                 selectwm

> Regards,
> Alistair

Do I have to do this from a dark screen after exiting X, or can I do this from
within X?

killall -9 twm from within the xterm, and then issue the command to start
another wm?

Evev exiting from a wm is not inherently built in, as I found with blackbox in
Linux: I had to Ctrl-Alt-F2 and Ctrl-C to get out.  My experience with blackbox
puts it on my list of rejects.  It might have been interesting, at an xterm or
Terminal (from Xfce), within blackbox, to
killall -9 blackbox, and then "exit", but then I might be left with a blank X
screen?

Tom