Re: Multiple NetBSD Access Points one net?

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 08:01:34PM -0800, David Wetzel wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have multiple NetBSD Access Points connected on one ethernet cable
> and would like to have the wireless be one big cloud so that I don't
> have to switch access points on phones or laptops.
>
> How do I configure that?
> The backbone should be the cable.

I haven't tried this myself, but I think that it will work: set each
AP's SSID to the same string.  Run hostapd on each AP.  Hostapd ought to
handle the 802.11 Reassociate messages from your clients and send the
right 802.? frames to make the switch(es) in your network update their
forwarding tables.

Dave