Re: patrolling network thoughput

Hello,

Is this a different question than the one that was asked yesterday? If none of the solutions that were suggested fit your needs, then you might consider mrtg. It can create graphs that show bandwidth usage over time.

With that being said, I should mention that I've seen many routers respond slowly to pings when experiencing high utilization. I believe that responding to pings doesn't get as high a priority in the router OS. In other words, the ping response time doesn't necessarily mean that the default gateway is taking 1000 ms to route packets. Do you get 1000 ms response on pings that travel through your default gateway?

Jason M.