Re: ralink wireless (run/rt2870)

On Sat, 2011-01-15 at 10:40 -0500, matthew sporleder wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Ricky Thomson <coralfang%gmx.com@localhost>
> wrote:
> > Hello, i am interested in installing NetBSD onto my main desktop
> > computer, the one thing stopping me is that i cannot find "if" there is
> > a working module/driver for the Ralink based chipsets of wireless
> > dongles.
> >
> > I cannot connect the computer via ethernet so i "need" a wireless
> > connection after the install, the specific dongle i have is:
> >
> > Belkin Components F5D8053 N Wireless USB Adapter v1000/v4000
> >
> > This works beautifully on Linux with the "rt2870sta" module, and also
> > under FreeBSD which it uses the "run" module.
> >
> > I understand that kernel modules are loaded with `modload' in NetBSD,
> > however i haven't a clue at the actual module name i need to load (if
> > there is one available).
> >
> > I am curious if this is supported in NetBSD and where can i find
> > specific information about wireless management?
> > Thanks.
> >

> try looking here for a start:
> http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?ral++NetBSD-current

Thanks that is helpful, but i wonder if its not the correct one, under
the EXAMPLES section the device is shown as "ral0", after playing in
virtualbox my usb dongle displays:

ugen0: at uhub0 port 1
ugen0: Ralink 802.11 n WLAN, rev 1.10/1.01, addr 2

and also does not appear under `ifconfig -a'

I noticed the link you gave me and found this:
http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?ugen

I am assuming that means there is no driver available for this piece of
hardware? :(