Re: Mac and NetBSD compatible usb to serial rs-232 (was: which serial-to-usb devices do you use?)

On Jan 14, 2011, at 9:44 14AM, Andy Ruhl wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:06 AM, Martin Husemann
> <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
>>> To the average user, I'd recommend uplcom(4).  They are easy to get a
>>> hold of and have (for the most part) just worked for quite a while.
>>>
>>> I've also had good experience with uftdi(4), but I have 10 times as
>>> many uplcoms.
>>
>> I agree with both points too (same here, lots of uplcom, some uftdi, all
>> working).
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these devices on both
> NetBSD and Mac OSX? I've been looking around at devices listed in the
> above man pages, and some of them claim Mac support but I'd rather
> hear from someone who has used one with a Mac first.

I had a uplcom one that I tried on my Mac.  I had to find a driver -- Google
found one very quickly -- and after that, it just worked.  I'm traveling now,
so I don't have it handy; I'll try to dig up details when I get home.