Re: ipnat on same interface?

On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 15:11 +0100, "Lars-Johan Liman"
<liman%autonomica.se@localhost> wrote:
> Malcolm Herbert:
> > How much traffic are you talking about through this host?
>
> Very little (at least, that's the intention ... ;-).
>
> > If it's fairly minimal, you may want to look at other
> > application-level proxying solutions, such as inetd+netcat or
> > inetd+socat
>
> That's an interesing track. Thanks for the hint!

someone else mentioned rinetd which I have used but had forgotten about,
which is probably a better solution ... with inetd+{netcat,socat} there
is the cost of running a process per proxy connection

> > or a web-based reverse proxy (squid is probably too heavy weight for
> > this, but there are other tools that are out there)
>
> (This is non-web UDP service, so I assume squid is not a preferable
> tool.)

ah .. UDP might be a problem - not sure whether rinetd can deal with
that ...

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch%mjch.net@localhost                                                left