Re: Install NetBSD with root on other than partition a?

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 6:37 AM, Thomas Mueller
<mueller6724%bellsouth.net@localhost> wrote:

... <snip>

> I suppose I could interrupt the boot and type "boot netbsd-current" at the
> boot prompt, and specify wd0e or wd0f as root.
>
> Tom

Yes that's how I boot a miniroot for maintenance on my desktop.  On my
laptop, however, I may boot such a maintenance
system  from a USB-stick.  I simply reformatted the stick with sysid
169 (with fdisk sd0) and let the install program divide
it in swap and root as well as making newfs on sd0a.

Wish you luck!
Hans