Re: Install NetBSD with root on other than partition a?

Hello,

On i386, there needs to be a boot sector at the start of the NetBSD
partition. And only one slice (sub-partition) can be at the start of the
partition. I think other platforms have a requirement for some structure
that must be at the beginning of the NetBSD disk, which would prevent you
from doing what you want.

Virtualization could allow you to have multiple NetBSD instances on a
single machine. Would that meet your requirements?

Jason M.