Re: NetBSD bootloader randomly boots wrong kernel

On 27.12.2010 13:32, Sad Clouds wrote:
> This is /netbsd kernel:
> NetBSD 5.1_STABLE (GENERIC) #0: Mon Nov 29 19:52:01 GMT 2010
>
> This is /netbsd.old kernel
> NetBSD 5.1 (GENERIC) #2: Fri Nov 19 11:28:39 UTC 2010
>
> Can anyone explain why my bootloader does this??

boot(8):

      The default filename is netbsd; if the boot loader fails to
      successfully open that image, it then tries netbsd.gz (expected
      to be a kernel image compressed by gzip), followed by
      netbsd.old, netbsd.old.gz, onetbsd, and finally onetbsd.gz.
      Alternate system images can be loaded by just specifying the
      name of the image.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost