Re: Replacing Postfix

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 07:27:26AM +0000, IT geek 31 wrote:
> It doesn't advertise STARTTLS in ehlo, and I'm using real certificates.
>
> I don't know if my config is wrong, or my Postfix build doesn't support SSL.

  FWIW, I just tried adding

    smtpd_tls_security_level = may

to /etc/mail/main.cf (on a system with stock NetBSD 5 postfix) --
and to /usr/pkg/etc/postfix/main.cf (on a system with pkgsrc
postfix), and the 250-STARTTLS began showing up in the list of
features in my telnet test-session in both cases (after a
"postfix reload" and "/usr/pkg/sbin/postfix reload", respectively).
This is without having added any of the certificate files or
postconf certificate settings, however (in case that matters).

  Are you using the pkgsrc binaries and /usr/pkg/etc/postfix config
directory at this point?

Cheers,  --Dave
Boston, MA