Re: New NetBSD user - ALTQ confusion

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:28:56 -0600 (CST)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> wrote:

> Did you have a look at
> http://www.netbsd.org/docs/network/pf.html#altq ?
>
> Also see /usr/share/examples/pf/queue? for examples.

This is where I'm confused. I have set up PRIQ queueing
in /etc/altq.conf; do I set up rules in /etc/pf.conf as well, or just
in pf.conf? The examples you refer to suggest the latter.If that is the
case, what is the purpose of altq.conf? Is that for filtering with
the other packet filtering engine, ipfilter?

--
Gerard Lally