Re: Current state of filesystem features / improvements

"Aaron J. Grier" <agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost> writes:

> I was my understanding that background fsck uses snapshots, which are
> orthogonal to softdeps.  perhaps I am incorrect?

I believe that snapshots are for backups, and background fsck requires a
fs that can operate in any state that could have been created by power
loss.  wapbl(4) gets most of the benefit, but being able to verify/fix
consistency while opearting would be nice.