Re: Help with low raid5 performance

Any comments on the following:

Same disks, HW but different OS and filesystem: Linux Mint 10 (amd64)
with mdadm created raid-5 and ext4. Chunk size = 32KB, block size = 4KB,
stride size = 8 blocks = 32KB.

# dd if=/mnt/vol1/pub/foo.mkv of=/dev/null bs=100M count=100
100+0 records in
100+0 records out
10485760000 bytes (10 GB) copied, 100.641 s, 104 MB/s

# dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/vol1/pub/zero bs=100M count=100
100+0 records in
100+0 records out
10485760000 bytes (10 GB) copied, 102.646 s, 102 MB/s

Note the *slightly* higher write speed. Comments?

/Peter